Mag finds its roots back in 1959 instituting the beginning of its life as a business plan. The founder of the company, Michael Agistriotis, then incepted the idea of starting a jewelry business for the first time and started working on the project. The first shop opened in Xilokastro, Corinth in 1966. The second shop was built a decade later, in 1977 and was located in Loutraki, Athens. Expansion of the touristic industry flourishing at the time initiated an opportunity for operating on islands. Hence, the final destination was Corfu, with the first shop opening in 1983.